Protecting Tomorrow, Today!
As a partner for public health, The Raleigh County Landfill will remain OPEN throughout the duration of this pandemic.
We do ask for the public’s assistance to limit exposure to all waste workers, trash collectors, truck drivers and landfill employees.
1. The Centers for Disease Control has indicated the virus may be active and communicable for up to three days while it remains on materials such as the surface of trash.
2. Residents should BAG all Trash.
3. Residents who have trash service should put out only bagged trash — not loose — to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
4. Residents coming to the landfill will be limited to six vehicles at the green box area at a time to allow sufficient distancing. The remaining customers will be held in line. This includes Free Day. (please expect long delays on Free Day)
5. We do ask that residents limit coming to the landfill. Anyone who brings their trash to the landfill will be required to unload their trash themselves. RCSWA employees will no longer be providing assistance to unload.
6. ALL Recycling has been suspended and the recycling bins at the Raleigh County Landfill have been removed.
7. The Last Chance Mercantile is CLOSED.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF RECYCLING SERVICES:
In order to ensure the health & safety of our employees and the public, the Raleigh County Solid Waste Authority will be suspending all RECYCLING SERVICES as of March 23, 2020. We will not be pulling or accepting any recycling bins /boxes due to potential contamination. Please DO NOT use the recycling bins located at schools or businesses, these bins will not be serviced at this time. The City of Beckley will not be providing curbside service during this time. The RCSWA places the utmost value on the health and safety of our employees and customers during this difficult time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The landfill will remain open.
The RCSWA place the utmost value on the health and safety of our employees and customers.
Effective March 19, 2020 - Wooton Ballfield and Last Chance Mercantile will be closed until further notice.
Landfill will be operating normal hours:
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Saturdays 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
As of July 1, 2018 the RCSWA will no longer accept
used motor oil.
Please contact a local service center to properly dispose of the oil.
The Raleigh County Solid Waste Authority is committed to improving your local environment by providing a legal and environmentally friendly way to dispose of unwanted items, trash, demolition, and construction waste. Our state-of-the-art facility provides Raleigh County residents and the surrounding communities a manner in which to dispose of their waste in a safe and eco-friendly way.
Our Recycling Center provides a controlled environment to process recyclables - plastics, paper products, various aluminum and batteries. For more information on our recycling capabilities, view our recycling information page