Raleigh County residents are eligible to use the landfill once per month for household and residential waste only.
FREE Day is LAST Working Thursday of each month.
Free Day Rules and Regulations
1. Free Day operating hours will be the normal operating hours for that day.
2. Free Days will be the last Thursday of each month. Up to one pickup truck of residential solid waste per household will be accepted. A small utility trailer, not larger than a pickup truck, may be used. However, if a utility trailer is used, the towing vehicle may not also contain waste for disposal.
3. Residential solid waste only will be accepted.
4. One load per household only will be allowed on Free Day, Return trips on Free Day will be charged the regular disposal fees. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. All refrigerators, freezer and air conditioners must be accompanied by a certificate from a certified refrigeration technician stating that the refrigerant agent has been removed.
6. Commercial and contract haulers will NOT be permitted to dump free.
7. Waste must be dumped in designated areas only.
8. The Solid Waste Authority will not be held liable for any damages or accidents that may occur at the Raleigh County Landfill.
9. Anyone not complying with these procedures will be required to pay for disposal of waste or required to leave the premises.
10. All loads will be subject to random waste audits, as required by Federal EPA regulations.
Brush, Leaves and Yard Waste Free Day
1. Free days will be the first Friday of each month. Up to one pickup truck of brush, leaves and yard waste will be accepted. The pickup may not have sideboards or cattle racks. A small utility trailer not larger than a pickup truck may be used. However, if a utility trailer is used, the towing vehicle may not also contain yard waste.
2. Loads containing trash will be subject to the solid waste rate of $33.00 per ton plus assessment fees.
3. There will be a charge for return trips on free day.
4. Commercial businesses and contract haulers will not be permitted to dump free.
5. Waste must be dumped in designated areas only.